Monday 27 January 2014

NHM: Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2013

I went to see this exhibition at the NHM a couple days ago... Actually that's not entirely true, I went to the NHM to hang around, to reflect on where I am in life and to maybe say hello to a couple of old friends. I only saw the exhibition because one of those old friends offered to wander around with me. I wasn't really paying much attention to the pictures, this: Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2012 felt like a lifetime ago. 

It's funny how nothing really changes, yet everything changes at the same time.... Here again, about to start a new journey, still in a different place altogether (spiritually, physically and mentally) and yet.... everything is the same. To think it could be me there still, and what makes me really happy, is the same thing that makes me really unhappy--- this constant movement, moving away from people and places... anyway this exhibition didn't seem to be as magical and awe-inspiring as last year's (that being said I'm probably biased). I did really like this picture...