Tuesday 22 October 2013

Bumming around Birminghan (& Dudley)

I quite randomly ended up getting the train up to Birmingham for the weekend where I stayed with a mate. It was a pretty cool trip, when I got there we hung out in the city centre, wandered by the canal, checked out the most snazzy library I ever seen, the Mailbox, Paradise Circus and the Bullring, before heading to Dudley.

On Sunday we woke up late and my mate drove us to the beautiful Baggeridge Country Park, we then went back to Birmingham, Star City where we had a late lunch before I got the train back to London. All in all, it was great spending time with my best friend and wandering around, no set plan in mind (not that I ever do, have a set plan in mind).

The train journey back was something special; indigo twilight skies, gold fields, the grand union canal snaking it's way across the land.... I really loved Birmingham, it seemed like a very laid back and interesting city, esp. loved the architecture of the buildings, fresh, original and artistic. Took the below pictures from the Secret Garden in Birmingham Library.