Sunday 1 September 2013

Nutfield Marsh/ Holmethorpe Lagoons

I met up with an old mate from the wetlands yesterday. We spent a magical day together catching up, rambling and bird-watching. From Hampton Court we drove to Box Hill and Nutfield Marsh. It was really great to finally visit Mercers, (the last time I went I sort of had to break in and I didn't get to see much : http://sysprints.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/the-lake.html) Would love to go back again some day and explore the nearby Spynes Mere Nature Reserve. 

Strange going from Boxhill, a place full of people to the even more beautiful (in my opinion) Nutfield Marsh, where there was hardly anyone. The great thing about being involved in conservation, is you find out about all these amazing under-used and under-visited wildlife rich gems! If you ever get the chance, I'd def recommend a trip. http://www.surreywildlifetrust.org/files/themoorsleaflet.pdf I'm hoping to put together a manual/ guide to all the amazing nature reserves in and around London that I've visited over the years inc. the chalk grasslands in the south and the disused reservoirs in the North. Watch this space!