Thursday 30 May 2013

urban exploration: springfield asylum

I used to cut through Springfield everyday to get to school when I was at Burntwood and more often than not I'd hide out in the grounds when I bunked off (never was a very good student!) But until this recent trip, I'd never actually discovered the creepy abandoned and recently boarded up parts....

It was quite strange and freaky walking down some of the too too silent halls, knowing that a) they're probably ghosts around b) we'd be in BIG trouble if we got caught, but I think both of these sum up the appeal of urban exploration! 

Springfield is very much a world of its own, a crack den for junkies, a self contained enclosure with a church, nursery, lots of old Victorian buildings, many people (otherworldly kind), beautiful gardens and even a Costa. The building shown in the below video have now been completely boarded off and the grounds are rapidly being regenerated, much to local protest, new flats, a shopping centre, and even a school have been proposed! :-/ What's happening to Tooting....

...found on youtube....

...some pictures I took....