Saturday 3 November 2012

The End of the World

The End of the World

I had the strangest dream the other night,
I dreamed the world was ending.
Streets were full and nothing seemed right
All about people were fending
off their demons, their regrets and their fears
and the doubts they had collected over many years.

Suitcases fell from the sky with such might.
Some heavy, some weighty and some light,
Tagged with different names and different places.
Departures were nigh- to those allocated spaces.

I fought my way through the crowds,
Searching all around, your voice was so loud!
The sun drew close and the earth grew hot,
So I took my bag and made my way to my rightful spot-
On the plains of Arafat, we were to wait
In hopes of receiving a blessed fate.

I never got to say goodbye
to my comrades, my blood, to the Lord so High

I never got the chance to say sorry,
amidst the chaos and the madness.
The end of the world came
and brought with it an enduring sadness.

I had the strangest dream the other night
I dreamed the world was ending.
I awoke with such a dreadful fright
And realised then, that my souls needs mending.