Monday 19 November 2012

Floating Words #4

Floating Words #4

Check it out, the forest has become our cloakroom, our bags and coats are hanging all over the place! Which agency are you with? I'll pass on your message. I'm trying to buy a house, the council is demolishing ours because they're building a train line. I'll be glad when it's over! I've been trying to sort out some jam sessions, I want to get back into my writing. He travelled across the lands, giving up everything he had in his quest for truth. I went to the Gaza protest with your sister. And he said, I was busy in the toils of slavery- here he was, the student of a dying breed of holy bishops, the son of a village leader, now betrayed and sold off as a slave. I've been waiting my whole life for this! Can you imagine how difficult it must have been for him, how lonely he must have felt, Salman Al Farsi, to be lost in translation, to be homesick, to endure the struggles he had to endure for his search for the truth, and look at us. Just look at us now! And the prophet SAW said to him 'free yourself'.

This fire is hypnotizing, I thought I was the only one, but everyone's just staring at it. I have all this pent up rage, and so when I come out here I just let it all out. I went to Butterfly World in St Albans, but it was too nice, it was too proper. Damien Hurst is a bit of an idiot. Behind the Scenes at the Museum of Baked Beans? Get well soon dear. Was it the church? I think the last time I saw you was this time last year. How did your travels go? You've been all over the place lately! It's the best thing I ever did. The tow path is flooded, you might get stuck up ahead. We could go to Dover or Cambridge? It's a beautiful day for a walk. But what were you doing in Sutton? 

The name's Ernest. Sure take some photos. If only I was better dressed right now! It was nice to meet you. Do you have your library card? Let's go to Erith and check out the old pirate ships. I'm going in less than a month can you believe? What are your plans now? I'll be back around June. I'm going to miss you. Well I'm working for Muslim Aid now, in PR. They call me the darkie, even though I'm half-white. You know I feel more like myself when I'm around coloured people. I mean they'll never accept me, even my own family is racist towards me. Oh dear, she said, are you putting on that burka now that we're going out? I might come visit you at Natural History Museum. Let's go for a walk along the Saxon Shore Way, by the Isle of Sheppey. I got an OS map! You were in Kingston and you didn't tell me? We have to search for guidance and that means moving away from the things that keep us from being good people. I mean how many times do we know the truth yet fail to accept it?