Thursday 25 October 2012

Floating Words #2

Floating Words #2

You know what, I think you just like stepping in cow pat... Just get off it, the longer you're here, the harder it'll get. This isn't somewhere you want to be right now. Back then you were flying so high and now look, you're barely getting by. And we once had a Russian gang that came and tried to steal the diamonds. What was the name of that dinosaur? Ah sometimes life eludes me. And in Dublin, there was this shack on a hill top and on Halloween the people would go up there at midnight dressed in dark clothes to perform rituals. And in Singapore, you know they would actually marry the spirits of the two dead people, and they would prepare a feast for them. You wouldn't believe the amount of food that would be wasted, the bins were over-flowing! Everyone who lives there is either a builder or a plumber, and their wives all work in an office. 

How much further do we have to go till we get to Southease? Ah man, I'm sinking in the sludge! I know it's hard, but you can do it, you're talented you know and I'm not just saying that. Nah, my nephew is deaf, my sister knows sign language. And so the Devil climbed the apple tree and Jack carved out a cross on the trunk. I mean stories that deeply embedded in a culture, they have to have come from somewhere. Look at that bath tub! There are places, really remote places in rural areas especially where people still engage in human sacrifices. I remember when I was a child I always found the bonfire particularly eerie- the light of the fire would attract the spirits, and you had to walk through the two flames. I worry about my kids, I do. And the pagan name for Halloween is named after Iblis, the Lord of the Dead and people continue to do what the forefathers did and it's a sign of the Day of Judgement and it's wrong- casting spells for the devil and dressing up like the shayateen. 

I did ballet you see and I've calculated the odds what with all the young new things and the number of theatres in the West End and I won't get that chance. I'm old. I lived two blocks away from Niagra Falls, my first job was in the Observatory Tower for the tourism department. I would cross the border and go to America to buy petrol, it's cheaper there. And in my first year I went to college in Polegate- Herstmonceux Castle. I'm getting really stressed out, I don't know who it could be. Should I go to the police? Can you take a picture of me in front of the London Eye. Maybe the artist who painted it went to the lavender field? We have over seventy million collections. I'm not homesick, not yet. The way I see it, it's just like an advanced bible. I'm sure you can name at least five dinosaurs! Her ex-boyfriend was a busker, that's why she hates them. There was a time when you let me know, what's really going on below. But now you never show it to me, do you? I like you, you're cool and you're a fast learner. Do you know much about minerals? You've got your quartz, onyx, amethyst. I can't believe you studied geology and you didn't know that! I mean I don't know where my heart is at the moment, I don't know what I believe. I just need to move on, you know. Are you working in the Dino Shop? Laaara!! Laara! I think he's talking to you.

This is it, the exhibition? Thank you for taking me here! What a great city we live in! I was thinking about you today, we should go see the butterflies in St Albans next week. Look at the vampires and goths over there! Ah we've just entered hipster-ville. Do you know how I can get to Earls Court from here? It will get better, I'm sure it will. You'll see. Abraham was ready to sacrifice his son and with a knife at his neck Isaac instructed his father to make the cut...